Pages

GOING THERE by KATIE COURIC

 Getting There


My family and friends know I am not an avid reader; in fact, of all the things on the list of things I can do, the last on the list is reading.


But, I am “getting there”! 


Every once in a while I spot a book that just might draw me in. I enjoy human interest pieces, biographies and autographies of people known to me directly or indirectly, and right now I am truly enjoying the recently published book entitled GOING THERE by Katie Couric.


She’s an American news journalist who started in the girl Friday role at a small town station and worked her way up to top ranking CNN, NBC and ABC roles. She grew up with encouragement and support from a loving family and great friends. She had an early vision of striving to succeed in media and to dispel the notion that women can only do the make-up, diet and fashion segments of a news program. She stood up to the status quo in the profession and in her personal life, and offered alternatives — winging it, screwing up now and then, but succeeding full speed ahead thereafter. 


This book opens up who she was and who she is, and how she got there. It is blunt. It is personal. It is successfully retaining my attention, and I highly recommend it for your seasonal gift list!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts