Pages

RABBIT EAR TELEVISION

 RABBIT EAR TELEVISION


As an experiment after giving up my 2nd home and leading a more simple life, I decided to not get cablevision. I decided I would only use rabbit ears — an archaic technology but still a very impressive and effective one.


I am now into my 4th year of retirement and I remain happy with my rabbit ears.  I get very clear reception of our four main Canadian television networks:  CBC English, CBC French, CTV Vancouver, CTV Vancouver Island and Global BC.  


Amazingly, I also get five Bellingham stations identified as METV and found at 12.1, 12.2, 12.3, 12.4 and 12.5.  From those channels I can view detective/crime solving themed shows, past episodes of half hour comedies like Dick vanDyke, Mary Tyler Moore, Mash, Hogen’s Heroes, Green Acres; blitzes of popular shows through the decades; old movies and one channel devoted to Star Trek reruns. I can do without that one!


I’ve never really been a television watcher so this minimalized choice has truly been all I need for the occasional laugh or  bit of extra entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts