Pages

RAISE ME UP




 JUST LIKE SPIRITS IN THE SKY


Someone planted a seed in my thoughts today and it made me think of some of the lyrics in a song sung by many but none other as great as Josh Groban, entitled You Raise Me Up.


The suggestion was strong enough to get me off the cozy couch and out on my bicycle, with Tulip on my shoulder, and a creative writing idea on my mind.


We had not quite gone a kilomètre when I felt the need to stop, park the bicycle, sit on the curb, pull out my notebook and pen to write:


 She raised me up so I can stand on mountains 

She raised me up to walk near stormy seas

She raised me up to sit amongst the learned

She raised me up to be the me in me.


I feel strong when amongst the stronger

I feel weak when others cannot see

I feel sure when I am with strong leaders

They give me more — more than I can see.


I closed the booklet, got back on my bicycle, called on my soulmate (song companion) Tulip (the she) and said:


“Let’s go anywhere, let’s just go. My body needs physical exercise”


We followed the city groomed cycling paths and ended up at the Pitt Meadows Airport.  We have enjoyed time there often but it had been a long while. The cycle path has been extended right into the airport parking lot and directly to the front entrance of the terminal, where they now have a bicycle parking rack with room for more than two bicycles. 


We knew the eatery inside would be open so we went in, ordered a brunch meal and sat at an outside table, overlooking the runway. It wasn’t quiet but it was sunny, and the view of incoming and outgoing planes was ideal.


As I looked up at a one engine  Cessna, Tulip reminded me of the time I flew in one of those, over the shark infested Indian Ocean. It was one of those rare daring things I do now and then, and think twice about them later. It was only after landing safely that I realized the landing strip on Rottnest Island near Perth, Australia, did not have a tower and the pilot had to depend on visual and auditory skills to land and take off safely. 😳 


Some people say we should try everything at least once: “It’s not likely I will do that trip again!” It was beautiful and scenic but, in the end, it became a case of too much information.


It does get me to wonder what might be next on the list of dare devil experiences during this lifetime.  I figure as long as Tulip and Tulip-like* people are nearby, I know I will be just fine!


Cycling back home, I sat on my front porch and penned a finalé to what I started earlier, following the same tune:


I feel stronger when they* are on my shoulder

I feel great when they* are on my side

We all team-up to climb the mighty mountains

And all team-up to deal with stormy skies

Some team-up every early morning

And some team-up every single night

We all feel strong when we’re with each other

And won’t fully leave the other’s side!



 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts